Meet Mr Volcano Robot (new box project)

DEEP SPACE-11

I was recently approached by Jay at Robot Island to do a commissioned box for a new Metal House exclusive-----working name of Smoking Head Robot.

I gave it the Mr Volcano moniker and after a lot of work wrapped it up today.

Meet Mr Volcano Robot

MrVolcanoFINALcover.jpg

MrVolcanoFINALweb.jpg

Beautiful box art design :-) much better than MH photo box

really awesome Deep space-11:thumbs:

nice work

24 minutes ago, Roboto said:

What a fantastic Box Art. Its nice to see that this new version also has lit eyes.  :thumbs:

Indeed :thumbs:what a nice surprise

Marcy, i REALLY love your work…BUT, i have always said that your typography should be hand-etched, and scanned. you've done the layout already, so i don't understand why you don't do this.

let's TRY and bring back the style of the 50's. and that means no computer-generated type, no matter how hard you try with your 'kerning'.

let's not sink the ship for 1 cent worth of tar. good design starts with appropriate typography.

sorry to be a downer…the big bad wolf, but i think there is so much more in your capabilities of design, than is delivered. 

most designers i know today, see without looking, and look without seeing. turn on the computer, and away we go! the traditional craft has long since gone. a computer is so necessary to achieve what we think hits the brief...great design is difficult to do. sometimes, we have to get our hands dirty, and that means old school pen and pencil.

nice box.

Archived