Botstock XIII Poster Contest

kennetzel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Marcy, your poster is amazing! I am also working on a design inspired by vintage box art. Here's what I have so far. I still have to finish the saucer, add in stars, action swooshes, etc in the background, and of course add in the awesome ALPHADROME logo!

BOTSTOCK13_WIP.thumb.jpg.02313b246fa8770

The competition is hot and heavy, Dromers...But I'd still like to see more people participate! I am upping my prize offer, and will give ANYONE who submits a serious entry an 8x10 archival print of one of my robot art pieces. If you live outside the US, you might have to pay the postage :)

We really need to vote on these posters. BotStock is only 27 days away. Get your submissions in by Sunday so we can vote, have the winning poster printed and mailed to me for distribution at the event.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc2e83873987db01d7321ffHey, coolyer jets there, Phil! The deadline isn't up yet! ;) Everyone knows that the last minute is the best time for working on art.

Finally finished up the saucer, here's a sneak peek. I just have to plug it into the poster, and gussy up the background, and whatever other final flourishes I decide on.

I have an extra amount of appreciation now for what you do, Ken. This vector art stuff is very labor intensive!

Finally done!

DaveN_BOTSTOCK13FINAL.thumb.jpg.b1ca9ab1

I really tried to give it that vintage box art look, with lots of groovy halftone, and an aged paper look. Here is a detail:

DaveN_Botstock13-Detail.thumb.jpg.cc5e4f

Hope y'all dig it!

cheers,

Dave

Here are this year's submissions:
poster_1.thumb.jpg.2129d0a1e1931e885f549 Poster "A"

poster_2.thumb.jpg.e99101ff0cd8f4ed4a695 Poster "B"

poster_3.thumb.jpg.919a1ead4bb0fbe6ccc0f Poster "C"

poster_4.thumb.jpg.47bb3d93ecb1e33bd14c8 Poster "D"

Please vote.

Let's make Sunday, April 10th the deadline for voting.

Thanks Joe, you beat me to it by 4 hours!

Ok, well, let's get to it...poster "D" is very cool, and I might want a copy of it too, but I'm afraid I will have to cast my vote for "C".

They're all brilliant, but I must concur with my fellow learned Botstock attendees and choose "C" as my favorite. I love the vintage look. 

Action Robot's piece is a darn close second. That saucer and robot are fantastic. 

Archived