Botstock XIII Poster Contest

kennetzel

I posted a copy of this in the official Botstock XIII thread, but I figure we should start a separate one for the poster. I'll kick it off with my submission. Since the hot topic of Alphadrome has been the new Alpha-Rama robot that John is gracing us with, I figured I would carry that over as a theme for the poster. So here is my idea using the new Alpha-Rama bot.

Botstock13Poster.JPG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady, I like the theme. The Wizard of Oz meets Return to Oz.  Yellow (brick) road, Emerald City(shamrock), Tik-Tok(robot)s. Tin Man :thumbs:

Thanks Phil, I hadn't actually thought of it that way, but yeah, it kinda fits.

Gee whiz folks, with all the talented members in Alphadrome, these are the only entries so far? Surely we can do better!  

• 2 weeks later...

Ken, I love the look of that Alpha-rama robot! I'm gonna try to come up with a submission as well. Have we set any deadline for entries? Anyone offering fabulous prizes this year to stimulate the artists? I am still treasuring the bot I got a few years back from John Riggs :). 

Thanks for the compliment, Action Robot. I figured people would like a large version of the box art of the Alpha Rama bot, especially for those who ordered one.

I've been off the boards for a while, so this is my first time seeing it. You really captured the Futurama animation style in the AlphaBender rendering. I'm working on my entry now!

I've decided to start the prize package offering - better to light a candle than to curse the darkness :). I will give the top three finishers their choice of an 8x10 archival digital print of one of my artworks. You can see some stuff at my new website. There's more to choose from, I'm just getting things set up right now. Let's see some more entries!

Action Robot, wow, that's a great prize, thanks for your contribution.

Ok folks, we are now about 30 days away from Botstock XIII; if you want to enter the poster contest, get those entries in, we will be picking the winner soon, thanks, and see you at Botstock!!

Well, I've been immersed in vintage box art for the last 3 days so it's no wonder my first submission looks the way it does!

Botstock13postercolor2_zpsnljkxlm9.jpg

Ken's entry is fab, it goes perfectly with John's Alpharama project, but Marcy your submission is incredible!

Very well done both of you!  

Archived