Australian Space Flyer

Tinman

No marks on it, so I don't think it's English - Australian seems to be right. The price was indeed remarkable.

I've seen the unmarked version in red.

• 3 weeks later...

This example looks identical to the Tudor Rose Space Flyer. Is there an Aussie version that is so spot on, and is it as scarce as the Tudor Rose version?

If it were English I think it would have the Made in England in a circle mark. The original Tudor Rose Space Flyer has a very distinctive logo.

TR.thumb.jpg.db3a58a47b225a006244abc248d

There was a lively Australian plastics industry so I'd not be surprised to discover its an Aussie piece. Both versions are scarce.

I am happy to say this example has made its way to my collection and is sitting happy with Its American pyro friends. It is a beautiful semi transparent cobalt blue and has cleaned up to minty condition. Was not sure if was going to be Tudor Rose or other copy, but does in fact have no markings on it so suppose it is Aussie and could not be happier. Its sits opposite a blue double hull spaceship  from Pierwood  Australia.

IMG_3663.JPG

IMG_3664(1).JPG

Tinluver2, yup, I bid on that one too, but I had bigger fish to fry at the time, so I let it go; obviously it got a good home. Congratulations, I'd never seen one before this, it has great lines.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...