Martian Gil's Toys

Martian Gil

thanks for the comments and kind welcoming!

I need to re-arrange my cabinet and make some comprises with my tin car collection...  several have already been sold to make room. 
ah, parting is such sweet sorrow... but space toys may be in the post box tomorrow  :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martian Gil

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

• Ranger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://youtu.be/rEZH0t5Yozw

This old Traffic tune has been stuck in my head today - cheers!

The skirts have now firmly gotten my attention.  

I have my first Robert (2nd V?) - he's a looker, but no recording - and I need to rebuild the battery contacts.   But, his price was golden.
The remote is great and works very well - what a cool old robot!

This robot / space toy collecting digs deep.   First it was the tin astronauts... then a ratchet... then another space ship, rocket, funky old saucer...  oh boy.

So, now the skirted 'bots have my mind - I didn't think that would happen.     

Here is how the collection sits in my cabinet today - with a couple pieces of tin still going through customs...
I don't think the mrs will let me use any of her space, but I'll cross that bridge later.

peace, Alphadromers - Kirk

• 1 month later...

Thanks for comments everyone.
I'm losing count.  Funny how that happens, huh?   I know most collections dwarf this little selection, but we gotta start somewhere, right?    desismileys_4525.gif

Here is how the robot shelf sits today - with the Alps Television & the Yoshiya Atom robot in place.

several others are in the studio on shelves there... mostly repros, some non-working Horikawas waiting for attn...  

In this group, the pug robby & the chief robotman are repros - most will know that, but for the rest of the viewers...

And on the subject of repros - I really enjoy the St John Proton Robot.  Pretty solid little bot, really.

I was on the sidelines waiting for the right MH robot to stand up and say "hello" - now, after reading some of the problems, I don't know about that... perhaps I will wait on that and keep looking for others to trip the trigger.

Cheers!

DSC03189.JPG

DSC03188.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks tinluver2!  I really enjoy that saucer... I was really tempted to bid on another this weekend, but I fought the urge.

Tomorrow, I have a couple of packages arriving - one being a John Rigg Mr. Servo - so, I imagine I'll be updating the cabinet this week.

For now, here is a little TR-2 Robo Tank that I picked up awhile back.   I bought it as functioning, but the seller told me the gun light was not working.  That's ok - 

So, I had a moment late this afternoon to open him and see what was happening... well...?   from what I can tell - there was never a light in this particular bot?    The database say's that his guns light, so I was confused.
I completely forgot to take pics while I had him apart.

I decided his guns needed to blaze away - so, I jumped some leads and put a flashing Christmas light in him.
I did not ground it properly, so the power is on to the bulb whenever batts are in him, but that's ok - I don't leave the batts in him anyway.
So, now when he is jamming around, his guns are flashing!

Cheers.

20160704201522 (1).jpg

Thanks Roboto!   I hated the thought of having him go off to battle with non-functioning guns... the other kids would laugh...

Here is how the top shelf sits this am - sorry for the glare.   The light was wrong, but I didn't think I'd be back to get a pic tonight.

Notice the close-up of John's Mr. Servo - I think he's doing some curls for the girls...?   he's motivated for that trip to the beach.

peace, all.

DSC04322.JPG

DSC04326.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

here's where how the cabinet situation sets as of today.

I need to make room for 1 more robot (a Yonezawa favorite)on the way...

I'm getting a nice flow going - one that I'm happy with - at first I was buying whatever tripped my trigger... now, I'm trying to refine it a bit more.   

Happy humpday, all!

DSC04891.JPG

DSC04892.JPG

Hey I see a very familiair little shudo dude with his gun! This forum is so hidden inbetween many pages nowadays that I didn't see your collection before, looking absolutly great!!!! Curious to which way it will go!

5 hours ago, martijn said:

Hey I see a very familiair little shudo dude with his gun! This forum is so hidden inbetween many pages nowadays that I didn't see your collection before, looking absolutly great!!!! Curious to which way it will go!

Thanks Martijn - the Shudo is going to remain a staple of the collection, I think!
I even had to pick up that little wood box to make sure he could see over the bigger kids.  :)

I have gone several directions - at first buying whatever I could find.   Now I seem to be getting more of a feel for fits with me.

for example, a Col Hap Hazard - it was very cool to work with and have - but he does not quite fit at this point.
I'm trying to limit myself to the space in that cabinet, so I need to pick and choose...  it's not easy!

Your collection grows nicely as they all do. I see pieces in your photos I have never seen before. NICE!!!

Dude, didn't you just start collecting like, two weeks ago?!? 😉 That is one impressive robot army to acquire in such a short time!

cheers,

Dave