BOTSTOCK 13 ????

robobob

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this all sounds fine, and I'm available (as of now) for the 28th-30th. 

However... Joe has cautioned us in the past about making Botstock so close to big Adamstown events, whether it's the extravaganza or whatever else is going on. The hotels fill up faster and the rates are higher, dinner reservations are tougher to come by, dealers often jack up their prices, and there's overall a much larger crowd roaming the strip. 

If the majority wants to hold Botstock on those dates, that's cool -- but be prepared. Contact the Blackhorse EARLY to set up a room block, and then everyone needs to book their room ASAP. No dawdling. 

Same goes for reaching out to the Blackhorse restaurant for Friday night's dinner, the Diner for Saturday's, and Zia Maria's for Sunday's. (Assuming we want to go back to these places.) The diner, in particular, needs to be jumped on quickly.

All this means that people need to start confirming attendance as soon as possible. Without (reasonably) accurate lists, it's very difficult to make reservations or predict room blocks. 

My .02 as someone who's planned a bunch of Adamstown Botstocks.

-Brian-

Obviously I'm in and would like the number at some point on those wishing to come to my open house? approx 50-60 minutes from Adamstown Saturday? about 10.

Ok then, let's start the roster for April 29th-May 1st, so far it's...

Joe/Joe K. (of course)

Phil/Phil R. (of course too)

Brady/ Tinplate6

Ken/Kennetzel

Pam/Pam 

Andy/Andyman

Phil G./Kanaan

Michael/Morbius

Kelly/Alteria

Brian/Dr. Atomic

And...??

From so many years behind us, I was thinking May 28. We'll re-check our schedule and let you know Brady.

quote:  Phil, as you are technically co-hosting this year's get together, what is your input? Perhaps Friday at the extravaganza, Saturday early at your place, and dinner and room sales at the lodge Saturday night, and Sunday local on the strip and the Renninger's in town?

Are we adding Thursday on as well?  

Brady, could we have some clarification on this part to have a better idea of how it fits into our schedules?  We'd likely be leaving Botstock on Sunday morning this year so Thursday on the road, Friday and Saturday for Botstock would work well for us. 

Thanks very much Brady/Brian.

Mike, my apologies for any confusion, yes, this is to coincide with the Renninger's show April 28-30, but Botstock will officially start on Friday the 29th. I'd rather not include Thursday, we don't want to stretch this out to a four day event as it does take a lot of time and effort on Joe's part. However, with that having been said, it would be a good idea for everyone to be checked into their rooms by Thursday night in order to take full advantage of Friday at Renninger's. I re-edited the earlier posts to reflect the correct dates, thanks for catching that. :blush:

By the way, the Renninger's show opens at 8 AM on Friday morning, and runs until 4PM; bring comfortable walking shoes, you'll need them!

Thursday night was our plan for arrival at the Blackhorse Brady as usual, thank you for clarifying, we plan on leaving for home on Sunday morning.  :cheers:

Assuming my schedule stays clear, I'll likely try to get there on Thursday. It'll depend on whether the rest of the NYC crew can get the day off, too. But otherwise, Friday-Sunday sounds like a plan!

Consider me in for this event everyone.  Thursday night at the Blackhorse sounds like a plan.  I would love to visit you and your collection Phil.  Joe, thank you so much for the offer of hosting Botstock again!  Stale?  Never!

Cheers!

Brent

Archived