2008 Space Evil differences

Ultrarobotman

Hi everyone. I'm posting this to those who are into the Metal House Space Evil line. The original Space Evil robot was made in 2008 and that is when I bought my black one straight from Japan, had to sign for it at the post office. I just got a burgundy Space Evil from the same time period for Christmas and I am thinking they should be identical almost, since they were not mix-matching leftover parts as a whole back then (2008). I see many differences as shown- new burgundy on left has silver shoes as it should but the arms have more pressed dimples, chrome arm collars, different shades of paint , (a flaw in today's M.H. bots) diff. shades of paperwork, as well as diff. boxes- note the staples and Eng/Jap/Bliking diffs as well printed there. Boxes aside, I have not seen this many diffs between the older Space Evils, especially those arms with the raised dimples. Just food for thought for those who collect the Evils.:diablo:

new_burg_001.thumb.JPG.a64596612ae7b4499

new_burg_002.thumb.JPG.50efd627bc43a9373

new_burg_003.thumb.JPG.3e6bf79d93cdaa490

new_burg_004.thumb.JPG.aad098210c15a216e

new_burg_005.thumb.JPG.07351b8996adc364a

Many variations with even these newer pieces, how will we ever know how many types there are, does anyone know?  I'm partial to the boots matching the 'bot but that's just me.  Love red 'bots with red shoes.

Thanks for posting the pics, always nice to see you posting.

As for your Metallic Burgundy hopefully you have the first gun litho version as the photo below. It seems that the box with the Bliking logos on the side and front came with the Evils with there Chrome collars and Chrome arm shoulder collars which means the side arm have 8 dimples. Mine have staples on the side box yet some did not at the time. The shoes came with a darker looking metallic silver which was added to the later run on the Red evils with yellow eyes however those silver shoes changed in color tone over time. The same Burgundy evil I have has that Metallic ink paint finish to him and the color is the same thru out. What does your full paper sheet look like for this Evil?  Only 70 were made in this color and they sold out very fast.

DSC05599.thumb.JPG.42665ebca0b071aa01af6ba6512f892f.JPG

Burgundy.jpg

Many variations with even these newer pieces, how will we ever know how many types there are, does anyone know?  I'm partial to the boots matching the 'bot but that's just me.  Love red 'bots with red shoes.

Thanks for posting the pics, always nice to see you posting.

Yes I am also partial to matching red on red with the boots they really standout. This is something MH should have made more with there line up.

8.JPG

Here is a photo from a time when MH was selling this burgundy version.

spaceevil2.jpg

On your Black evil version is it the Horikawa Brown/Black paint?

First off, yes, the gun lithoes are just like you say they should be, like you pictured. Then here is the paper that came with the burgundy.

001.thumb.JPG.4258166e12f0c4c503e5c59276

I only know of 2 versions sold by MH to the SunSeibu company as a very limited run. One was the high quality paint version done in Black paint with its bright Chrome eyes and the other version done in Metallic powder blue with Red eyes. These 2 versions came with the larger paper works as you have shown. Here are the last known photos of what once was.

3 rare space evil.JPG

DSC08863.JPG

DSC08864.JPG

DSC08865.JPG

Here is a photo of my burgundy paper #24. As you can see the Sun Seibu is not stamped on the bottom.

Evil burgundy paper.JPG

Also for those who happen to find and buy the rare Horikawa Brown/Black metallic versions with there colored eyes in Red-Silver-Blue and Yellow look for the Bliking stamp under the inside of the top box as seen below and also only a few had the correct paper work written up like the Yellow eyed version also seen below.

Gang of 5 evils 1.JPG

Evil yellow paper.JPG

Evil yellow eye inner box.JPG

Yes, my black Evil has the Bliking stamp on the inside of the box lid as you have pictured. Looks like no staples that I can see in that lid you have shown.

As the Space evils came out quite a few just had Paper work with no numbers on them and at times others did not have such paper work at all. The same for the box with or without the Staples.

evil plain paper.JPG

MH has started to make the box different now as the sides look shorter with the evil bottom cut off. They also have started to add the Trade Mark to the top bottom left corner and the top box is now thicker which I like not as easy to bend when opening

10.JPG

9.JPG

Now that really is different. The R.M. logo has not appeared on many Metal House robots over the last few years, I only have two I think and they are printed on the battery doors. Sometimes I think of the numbers produced in a run such as the space evil and wonder where they are; not too many members here seem to have them in their collections. I am aware of at least one seller buying several from new and re-selling later which I thought of doing in the past but never did. I guess my thought on that is there must be a lot of robot collectors out there that do not belong to this great site. Anyway, there seem to be many variations of evils with boxes out there. :thumbs:

• 5 years later...