Anselme Galaxie French Space Gun

Brian..

Here is another Costume with the same gun.  Future Man I've been told.  Note the gun is tethered on to the belt buckle.  Comes in handy when floating in space.Future Man.jpeg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6Stelab9

• bigbang

• Brian..

• Tinplate6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Big Bang for these two very interesting costume pictures. The second one is a Captain Future costume. Captain future is a japanese anim serie based on Edmond Hamilton's stories published in the 40's. The japonese serie was produced in 1978 and 1979. It was a big hit when it was broadcasted in France in 1981 under the name of "Capitaine Flam". As for the Spiderman costume, I'm not sure they are autorised  licences as i can't see the name of the characters on the boxes (may be you can tell us more bigbang).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Other Space Gun Appearances in Children's fancy outfits which shows that the gun was distributed at least from 1970 to around 1987 with outfits made by different compagnies:

- In a 1978 nouvelles galeries catalog:

1978 nouvelles galerie.jpg

-Captain america outfit ( by masport compagny):

captai13.jpg

-A mask outfit (By Anselme compagny) circa 1986-1987:

panoplie mask.jpg

An other masport oufit circa 1985:

maspor19 1.jpg

Another photo of the gun where you can see that  a small red lens is just glued on the gun:

pistolet-de-la-panoplie-sispeo-c-3po.jpg

I have no clue this gun was sold apart from the children's outfit. So maybe there isn't a lot which survive  

I hope I can get one on a market flea one day. I' ve got to keep an eye.   

• 1 year later...

Here is what I found on Anselme:
Anselme (created by Louis Anselme, I think) was a small company that made disguises for children since the 50'ss. In 1975, the company was bought by Jacques Refabert and his wife Catherine. They had previously worked in the company of Jacques Refabert's father who made dolls. Catherine Refabert was a doll stylist. She will run, create disguises and develop Anselme. Then she created the Corolle doll brand in 1978 (later to be bought by Mattel and then Simba-Dickie-Group). Catherine Refabert wrote a book about her career "un amour de poupée
" published in 1994.
It seems likely that the accessories of the outfits were made by (unknown) Anselme suppliers.

Great research everyone. Yes, this one is very hard to find here in America...I think it would have made a great sparkling gun, had the maker gone further with the design.

7 hours ago, Tinplate6 said:

Great research everyone. Yes, this one is very hard to find here in America...I think it would have made a great sparkling gun, had the maker gone further with the design.

Investing about a toy history is to me a fun and interesting part of the hobby.  I'll try to share other informations about the gun this week-end.