• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roboto

• Golddalek

• Andyman

• Tinplate6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something new is going on at The Warp Core Café!  I have found B9-The Tardis-Yoda-Twiki-Gort and many others.

Jeff C.jpg

Interesting...I see Jane Fonda on the upper left. 👀

What a party.....maybe we'll all get to see it one day.

Wow...even 'John Boy's' space ship is in there.👀...Guess I was one of the few that enjoyed that low budget movie.

Despite the cheesiness, the film had interesting actors and overall a fun romp.

The sound track was so good it was used in other films.

17 hours ago, Golddalek said:

Wow...even 'John Boy's' space ship is in there.👀...Guess I was one of the few that enjoyed that low budget movie.

Despite the cheesiness, the film had interesting actors and overall a fun romp.

The sound track was so good it was used in other films.

I remember liking that movie, too. What was it called? I seem to recall his spaceship looking very "feminine" in design.

I think it was, 'Battle beyond the Stars?....

Yes...John Boy's ( think he was named, Shad?) computer was even a female.....I noticed his whole race wasn't very warrior like,

hence that's why he had to search, ask for help in the first place

from Napoleon Solo, A-Team guy, and even another warrior woman.

You know, for low budget, this was pretty imaginative..I liked how Napoleon Solo said, 'I was never that young' when asked by some children

if he was ever a kid. :p

Jeff Carlisle - Concept Art and Illustration·Wednesday, March 13, 2019

AN ANNOUNCEMENT:

"Another Night at the Warp Core Cafe", the image I originally created for the Char-Con convention last year, was never meant to be a Viral Sensation. It is a personal piece, made up not only of references to some of my favorite space-based fantasy stories--but a lot of myself, my life and my own personal nostalgia. It was really only meant to be seen by a few people--but all of you amazing fans and the power of the internet made it something very different.

As interest in the image exploded, I have been asked over and over when the final version would be finished--and now that it is finished I have been asked over and over when it will be a print--and for sale. Well, it has been a complicated situation requiring a lot of thought--trying to wade through what is considered parody and fair use and not only what I wanted for the piece--but you all as well. For the longest time it seemed that this piece of art I have poured so much of myself into would only exist digitally--as I went down many different avenues to find a way to release it to everyone who wanted it.

It looked pretty hopeless.

Until--very recently--hope appeared.

Pulse Gallery Ltd.  (https://pulse.gallery), a UK-based gallery that focuses on Art and collectibles from the world of Pop Culture, approached me and offered to find a way to make it happen. Through them, I am terribly excited to announce there is a TIMED RELEASE SALE of ANOTHER NIGHT AT THE WARP CORE CAFE.

It's happening. It is for sale!

Coinciding with the Emerald City Comic Con (which I am attending for the first time this year) in Seattle, the sale begins on March 14th (This Thursday, AKA TOMORROW (!!!) at 5PM GMT (1PM EDT/10AM PDT) and ends ten days later on March 24th. This one-time TIME RELEASE sale should hopefully be enough time for everyone who wanted to purchase one to be able to do so and also be an exciting event at the same time.

The print is a lithograph sized 16x20 inches (including the decorative border) on high quality paper and will be $45.00 --which is the cost of the Print including tax and free shipping worldwide (all-in-one since Pulse Gallery is in the UK).

So, there you go: It's a thing! That you can buy!

Please spread the word. I will do the same.

As a time release event, it means that the number of prints made is decided by your interest and that the clock will be ticking down for the length of the sale. So, feel free to share, have fun, and thank you so much for all of your interest. And soon, you will be able to enjoy the Warp Core Cafe in your own home.

And as all of this is going on, if you are in the Seattle area this weekend, come to the WA State Convention Center for EMERALD CITY COMIC CON, stop by Artist Alley table AA-2 and talk to me about the print, your fandom...and pretty much anything you want.

And if anyone buys a Warp Core Cafe print and they bring it up to me at a future event, I will definitely sign it for you--because you folks are the best--and this piece would literally not exist without you.

Thanks so very much.

The sales link will go live soon and the sale will start Thursday

http://pulse.gallery

Warp cafe framed.jpg