Apollo 2000 not rotating?

horror1o1

I recently got a Apollo 2000 in none working order. i had to fix the battery case so i opened him and with rotating a few gears he started walking and shooting....however he doesn't rotate. i looked at all the gears and they seem to be moving and they are all made of metal so i'm not sure what the problem is? any suggestions and which gears make him rotate so i can be sure. Thanks for any help.

the gear that makes the robot rotate is below the gear box. That shaft that you see lift up when the robot stops walking has a gear on the end of it. when its down that gear connects with the walking gear drive when its up it connects with a gear that makes the body rotate. so either the gear is worn at the top edge so that when it lifts up it can not engage the rotation gear or the rotation gear is worn "bad teath" at the point that they mesh. You need to take a peak at what is going on below the main motor gear box to see what the problem is.

I looked at gear and turned him on  for the first time I noticed he was ever so slightly rotating and that's with out the top part of his body completely attatched. So with the top part attached I'm sure that's why it's not moving. Maybe the gears need oiled?

ok so checked the gears and he started working well with out his top half on. soon as i put it on he doesn't rotate again. solutions?

Hi Horror1o1, check out this link to one of my old post about a Rotate-O-Matic with a similar problem, a longish threat but might be some useful info and images.

Rotate-Matic problem not walking

​thanks i'm gonna do some more research but this is very helpful thank you. i'm starting to wonder if he will ever swivel?

Archived