Botstock 12 Poster Contest

robothut

I'm not trying to be mean here,,,I know I can be....But as much as I love the artistic applications..It's all been done. It seems repetitive to me. It seems as if it's simply a last ditch effort to simply come up with a with a poster to exemplify a a last ditch effort for Botstock this year.  Now,,this is just my opinion ,,so go ahead and hammer me if you disagree.. I'm used to it.   Botstock was not anticipated as it has been in previous years. It was almost forced upon Joe as a last ditch effort  and being the swell guy he is,,he volunteered.. I'm sure Joe will pull it off with style....but this is not 2007.  It is not. The world has spiraled into chaos since those heady days. Too many sons have gone to war,,  [Mine] and when that happens,,you put away your childish things for awhile..And when they come home,,the collection doesn't seem to take center stage anymore. Things change,,the world got mad and toys took a back seat to life... I don't even look at my toys anymore. They sit in a fancy glass case that a few times a year I fire it up..but to me the fire is gone. I love my Alphadrome friends more than ever..always will.. Most fascinating people..Everyone. Never met one I disliked. Who do I miss the most ? Lack of contact with Pat.... and  Scott Cragstan.. I miss Scott a lot. He was the best and there was a misunderstanding involving an unscrupulous individual that drove him away.. It was a very unfortunate event.. So Botstock will come and it will be a great event. I have a lot going on in the next week,,but would love to meet for dinner some night. The Brady den would be great..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say Botstock was forced upon Joe this year. When I started talking about it, it was early in the year because I was under the assumption that it was being held in Chicago for the toy show this year. So I expected an April Botstock this year. THEN Joe chimed in that he would volunteer his museum for this year's event. That changed things. It meant a later event, and at a familiar place we all enjoy going to. Right now we have eighteen people attending...we have had less some years, and those were during "good" years. So I apologize if I rushed things, but Joe thanked me for getting the ball rolling this year, so I thought I was doing the right thing. I figured with an April Botstock, we had to get things moving early. It was by Joe's generosity that it got shifted to a latter date. I don't intend to "hammer" you Eagle, just explaining why I started the ball rolling. For all I knew, at Zia Maria last year everybody seemed to agree that it would be in Chicago, so I expected a trip there this year. I had no intention for Joe to take on the burden. But at the same time, I think it's great that he did, giving us more time to plan. And it's always great for like minded people to get together from time to time to discuss their hobby. I always have a good time at Botstock

O.K. Alphadromers, let's get this done! Here are your choices:
p1.thumb.jpg.26d266877e2234cbe01046f19cfp2.thumb.jpg.f6356b9ccd51fdffa935a70ac0ap3.thumb.jpg.8d05636cee15d5d28989c8b823dp4a.thumb.jpg.f5d89c8f38d3365acecd1ac665p5.thumb.jpg.e7e69f27e25415998778274ec85

................#1.....................................#2....................................#3....................................#4...................................#5..................

Pick one of these, NOW!

Phil R. has agreed to lend a hand in getting the winning submission printed up, if the winning artist needs the help.

My vote goes to #1.

Eagle, I know what you're saying about the 2007 Botstock being the biggest and really memorable event.  I think we had 50+ folks including spouses and kids, what a great time it was.  And yes, as we've gotten older we've all suffered some setbacks in the years since.  Our family has lost over a dozen people since '07 including contemporary friends.  It' s a different world for sure...we've gotten serious about a lot of stuff as you said but this reunion of the Botstock crowd will lighten things up a bit I'm sure.  Just have a great weekend of fun with wonderful collectors of all types, some with a half-dozen 'bots and others with thousands it doesn't matter at all.  As for Joe, his museum just happens to be (for Kelly and I anyway) a great day trip distancewise and there's so much around to scout about in, to me it just seems to make sense to have it there.  

Joe K., we love coming to visit and I never get enough of your museum, seeing your collection year after year got me into gear to replace all the ones I lost through the decades and I'm just about there.  It's always a pleasure to see you and the other 'dromers for a drink and a story.  And the story is always a great one.  Best host we could ask for.  A big THANK YOU for having us!

Looking forward to next weekend.:thumbs:

I'm beginning to see a trend here.

Keep the votes coming, 'dromers!

Let's make Monday night, Midnight, May 25th the cut off point.

Thanks to all who have participated.

Archived