Botstock 12 Poster Contest

robothut

That's a powerful image, Marcy.

​Thanks John and thanks Brian..

I started my career in graphic art WAY before computers so I have a few tricks up my sleeve :biggrin:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mostly like the poster and effect DS-11. Simple but effective.  However, I think another robot might have worked better than the one you chose. I don't think he translates well with the special effect.

​Thanks John and thanks Brian..

I started my career in graphic art WAY before computers so I have a few tricks up my sleeve :biggrin:

​Very impressive...it has a decidedly Easter Island Moai idol vibe to it.

• 3 weeks later...

No further developments on poster design? I wanted to do one this year but personal events limited my time. I'd love to see DS-11 take his design one step further. Couldn't we still produce something in the next two weeks?

Well, I guess I shouldn't assume anything concerning the identity of any Alphadrome member.Obviously, Brian already knew and I didn't notice.  Since I can't seem to reply personally to DS-11 and apologize I'm doing it here on public Alphadrome. WE have a rare number of active female members on Alphadrome and I want to welcome Marcy to that rare air. I love your rocket collection and hope you take your poster to final submission. I would be glad to try and handle the local printing of any Botstock 12 poster winner's  poster file if they can't make Botstock personally.

Haha no offense taken Phil R I saw your comment and didn't even give it a second thought.

Not sure what you're seeing or "not seeing" with my poster. Everything is thought out and executed as very specifically intended.

The use of Zoomer's face for the basis of the main image etching was quite deliberate, not only a personal favorite but the most expressionless and open to interpretation face of the early 'bots.

I've had people say he looks scary, others say sad or worried. One co-worker thought it looked like an effigy which is similar to Tinplate6's assessment of a Moai feel. All are correct :biggrin: 

The use of blues and greys and even the hand kerning of the lettering is all intentional and part of the overall feel.  Clean? yes, simple? no.

I had nothing in particular to do this afternoon and instead of taking a nap:biggrin: I decided to do a poster. No robots, strike 1, but I used my favorite subject, Buck Rogers  to produce a 12 year emotion. It's old school with objects instead of computer created. At least I finally made one.

P5180001.JPG

I vote for Kens poster as it has the AlphaBot in it. And you know I kind of like that robot !

Boy, this is difficult!   I'm going to have to go with Phil R's submission.  The layout of the ships and the fonts/graphics just reeled me in.  

Archived