Botstock X I I - The Official Thread

Joe K.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As info, here are pics of the items that I plan to donate to the raffle including:

• Carded Star Wars action figures of C-3PO and Governor Tarkin (Peter Cushing)
  • Pair of Star Wars mugs
  • Star Wars PEZ dispensers and fast food restaurant toys
  • Loose Stargate SG-1 action figures of Col. O'Neill and Teal'C 
  • SeaQuest DSV model kit

SeaQuest.jpg

SW Food Toys.jpg

SW Mugs.jpg

Stargate.jpg

3PO_Tarkin.jpg

With Bostock being only two and a half weeks away, I was wondering if there is an "agenda" going to be posted like last year. Since it's an all day drive we plan on coming in Thursday so we are there all day Friday. I know last year there was a "pre Botstock dinner" Thursday night. Will there be one this year? So we can try to be there in time for that? I know we have the auction to attend, but I have no clue as to the times it starts and ends. Not to mention all the other great activities for Botstock like dinner each night and where it is. Thanks in advance.

I'll put something specific together and post it ASAP.

Basically, there'll be a pre-B dinner at the Black Horse on Thursday for those arriving very early. Then on Friday, we can dine there again. Looks like the robot and space toy part of the Morphy auction will take place Saturday afternoon. The Raffle dinner at Park Place that evening. Park Place Diner is totally redoing the outside of the place. You will not recognize it! I'll book the downstairs area if it's available. Field trip to Tinplate6's man cave "arsenal" on Sunday morning with a late lunch nearby. Our traditional "last supper" at Zia Maria's. In between, hang out at the Museum, shop the Antique Strip, room trade, etc.

Not quite sure about the poster contest this year. I think we ran out of time to get one printed to give out at the get together.

Thanks Joe. Sounds good. Hopefully we'll get in town early enough on Thursday to partake in the dinner, depending on what time it is  at.

Kelly and I are hoping to be there early Thursday evening, 5-ish or so.  We're booked at the back, main floor by the Gazebo.  Look for the Robbys on the car windows, gifts to Kelly from ROBOTHUNTER many years ago.  We usually have to explain them at the border. :wacko:

robot bugs.jpg

BotStock XII Itinerary
The Toy Robot Museum will be open starting at 9:00 AM each day of the convention.

Here's where and when you need to be the rest of the time...

Thursday, May 28th -
6:00 or 7:00 PM-ish
The Black Horse Restaurant & Tavern
Casual, unofficial dinner for early arrivals. We'll probably grab a table in the back of the Restaurant section and "hang out". Join us when you can.

*********************************************************************************************************

Friday, May 29th -

9:00 AM

The Toy Robot Museum

Stop by and pick up your name tag(s), meet and greet your fellow Alphadromers,

get directions for Sunday's Field Trip to Brady's, check out the special exhibits,

hang out, plan your strategy for combing The Antique Strip and surrounding areas,

visit the other shops in Stoudtburg Village. Morphy Auctions opens for Preview.

You're on your own for lunch. However, might I suggest The Village Haus

(Das Dorfschaft Haus) right here in Stoudtburg Village,

a 15 second stroll across The Plaza from The Toy Robot Museum.

6:30 PM
The Black Horse Restaurant & Tavern
Dinner

*******************************************************************************************************

Saturday, May 30th -

7:00 AM

Renninger's and Shupp's Grove open. I'd suggest doing Renninger's first, then head over to Shupp's. The rest of The Antique Strip opens by 10:00 AM.

9:00 AM

The Toy Robot Museum opens.

Morphy Auctions opens. The robot and space toy lots begin with #495 (and run to #634). Figuring that they average 100 lots per hour, that puts them around 2:00 PM or so. I'd definitely call and confirm what lot is currently being auctioned, in order to pinpoint an exact time.

6:00 PM
Park Place Diner (Downstairs)
Dinner / Raffle / SWAG

*********************************************************************************************************

Sunday, May 31st -

8:30 AM

Leave on Field Trip to Tinplate6's. Brady's Space Gun Collection will leave you speechless! The rest of his collections have been updated and expanded. Arrival time should be around 10:10 AM.

12:00 Noon

Lunch at the Supreme Buffet and Hibachi Grill & Sushi in beautiful downtown Chambersburg. Chinese and American buffet style food. Please RSVP so Brady can make the necessary reservations.

5:00 PM

Zia Maria's Italian Restaurant & Pub -

Also please RSVP so I can give Zia's an accurate headcount.

***********************************************************************************************************

Here's the latest attendees list:

Joe/Joe K. - Lunch and Dinner on Sunday
Brady/Tinplate6
Ken/Kennetzel
Brent/I Robot
Bill/Tinman
Pam/Pam
Tom/Plasticaugie
Phil/Phil R
Phil G./Kanaan
Joe M./Electric Robot & Son
Brian/Dr. Atomic                                                                              

Steven/Steve

Michael/Morbius

Kelly/Altaira

Perry/Thunder

Jim/Kronos57

Glenn/Glenn

One other update:

Time Matters Antiques has moved 3 doors South of their old location. Sadly, that ray gun dealer did not join them. There are lots of other new dealers though. Be sure to stop in and say "Hi" to Hal and Ann.

I booked the "private room" at the Hibachi Grill for 12 noon-ish on Sunday; it's a ten minute drive from my place and the food is very good! I hope to see y'all there.:biggrin:

Can't wait! 

This year's NYC contingent will be represented by Steve and myself... Unfortunately, Karl can't free up his schedule this year. 

Sorry to hear the ray gun dealer isn't there any more... Are you SURE it's not because Brady cleaned him out already?! :-)

Thanks to Brady, Joe, and everyone who helped put together our 12th Annual Get Together! See you all in a couple weeks!

Joe and gang,  I would love to be there but I am  going home to New Orleans for my Dad's 93rd Birthday May 30th.....will be looking forward to the pics ;o) cheers Mark/nasa

Archived