Phil/Phil R

Phil G./Kanaan

Joe M./Electric Robot & Son

Brian/Dratomic

Steven/Steve

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to pull Jury duty June 1 at 9 Am until they let me go so I am out this year. But I am building special WU BS12 AlphaBots. So lets get a poster contest going with a Alphabot as the prize for best poster. I will start a new thread for the poster project and mention it in the main Robot Talk thread since everyone should be able to play the poster making game.

post-16-0-96300300-1426342683.jpgGood News Everyone!

Just heard back from Sarah Stoltzfus, Media Planner at Morphy's. She informs me that once again those staying at The Black Horse will receive the Morphy Auctions rate. Be sure to request this when making your reservations.

In addition, any member attending the May auction will receive the catalog FREE upon arrival. If you'd like one ahead of time, please contact Sarah at

Sarah.Stoltzfus@morphyauctions.com

to be put on the mailing list.

A big "thank you" to Sarah and to Dan Morphy for helping to make BotStock XII another memorable get-together!

Well, I just made my reservations at the venerable Black Horse...with the Morphy discount it came to roughly $139 and change, for three nights lodging. All I need to do now is wait... :biggrin:

My wife and I are reserved too...but we did it on line. However there is a box for notes and we entered Morphy in that box, so I assume we will get the Morphy rate upon check in...once we explain it to them.

post-16-0-24343000-1426640262.jpg

DENVER, Pa. – Robots are on the march again at Morphy’s. The family-owned Pennsylvania company’s May 30 & 31 Toy Auction containing 1,450 lots is led by a prized grouping of sci-fi classics from the Robert V. “Bob” Gallegos collection.

Approximately 115 robots, mostly boxed, will cross the auction block. Some of them boast illustrious provenance, like the boxed Jupiter Robot that had “lived long and prospered” in the Bob Lesser collection. Boxed examples of a Chime Trooper, Conehead, Hook Robot, Space Scout and Tremendous Mike join a Topolino, Astro Man, Mighty 8, Thunder Robot, silver Mechanized Robot (Robby) and blue-version Cragstan Space Man in this premier collection. The list continues with rare blue versions of Winky, Robot with Piston Action (ex Alan Rosen collection), and Moon Explorer. Gallegos’ subcollection of Masudaya “Gang” members includes boxed examples of Target, Radicon, Lavender and Train (Non-Stop) Robots.

Additional auction details here:

http://www.morphyauctions.com/auctions/view/05302015-05312015-ToyMarblesDollsFiguralCastIron

Well, that's good to know. We would have missed you had you two not been there. Pam's happy she's not the only girl attending...LOL.

So...this is where we're at so far? :scratchhead:

Joe/Joe K.

Brady/Tinplate6

Ken/Kennetzel

Brent/I Robot

Bill/Tinman

Pam/Pam

Tom/Plasticaugie

Phil/Phil R

Phil G./Kanaan

Brian/Dr. Atomic

Steven/Steve

Michael/Morbius

Kelly/Alteria

What about Eagle? Has anyone heard from him?

Oh, and Doc, will you be bringing the NY crew with you this year?

How about Big Bang?

Oh, and Robothunter...will Pat be up to the trip?

A little help here folks. :blush:

I just spoke with Perry. He'll be bringing those prototype robots he recently acquired to put on display. So, the list continues to grow...

Joe/Joe K.
Brady/Tinplate6
Ken/kennetzel
Brent/I Robot
Bill/Tinman
Pam/Pam
Tom/Plasticaugie
Phil/Phil R
Phil G./Kanaan
Brian/Dr. Atomic

Steven/Steve

Michael/Morbius

Kelly/Altaira

Perry/THUNDER

If it's OK again this year Kelly would like to bring a gaggle of items for a shelf in your museum for Botstock.

Thank you!

Bring 'em!

This goes for anyone else coming to B-XII. I always enjoy seeing other collector's collections and hearing about how they were obtained.

If it's OK again this year Kelly would like to bring a gaggle of items for a shelf in your museum for Botstock.

Thank you!

Didn't think you guys were gonna make it this year Mike, good to hear you're coming!

Thanks Bill! Glad you'll be there too and made reservations. :biggrin: Just couldn't miss that trip to Joe's, it's a real pilgrimage and always a pleasure.

Archived