Botstock Is At Joe's Robot Museum This Year. Who Wants To Go.

kennetzel

Hopefully everyone attending BotStock this year will be able to stop by Morphy Auctions as well! I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know that on May 30th-31st, Morphy's has a toy auction that will have approximately $300,000-$400,000 of Robots .

Unfortunately, it is a week before BotStock but hopefully some of you will be able to attend or check out the auction online. Tommy Sage is raving about this collection and I wanted to make sure your group was in the know about it! Let me know if you have any questions!

Actually it looks to be two weeks before Botstock. It looks like it's tentatively scheduled for June 12th because one member couldn't make it till later and I have a comicon to attend June 5, 6, 7. SO I requested that date and no one has disputed it yet and are agreeing to attend the weekend of the 12th. So far no one has complained.

I suggested theat weekend originally and Leon said he could not make it that weekend and asked if we can do Botstock later. Leon's missed the last couple of Botstocks for that reason. So I chose the weekend of June 12th, and so far all seem to agree. I hate to see Leon miss it this year especially since he really wants to come.

Hmm. I think you should move it back. I think the most successful Botstocks are held around events like the Lesser viewing. Every year I wonder if there is a sale or event that it can be centered around.. well this year there is. I won't be able to go at the end of May but since it would be held at such a significant auction then probably other people who wouldn't ordinarily make the trip may take the plunge. There is always next year.

The last weekend in May I can attend, but I can't make it the weekend of June 5th. So if people want it changed to the last weekend in May, it's fine with me. I was just trying to be fair and did not know about the auction until a couple of days ago. So I'll leave it to the powers that be.

I totally understand. Just that Leon hasn't been able to attend Botstock for a couple of years so I figure we give him the chance. But that was BEFORE the auction was announced. So if you want to do it the last weekend in May it's fine with me. I've never been to one of these auctions....I'm extremely curious and look forward to attending one.

So is this firmed up now? Is this the official Botstock weekend? Pam has to know to get the time off. I just hope those who said they can come when we were talking June 12th can still make it on the new date.

May I suggest an "Official Botstock Thread" so those who said they can make it know the date has been changed and we all know what time to take off. And we can get an accurate list of who's coming.

Archived