The Next Botstock

kennetzel

Well, let's get to planning this thing. Who wants to go and is that weekend okay with everybody. It would be nice to book the hotel and my wife to get the time off she needs to put in for.

That's too bad, Andy. You haven't been there for a few years now. We're really going to miss you. I hope you change your mind and decide to take the trip, but if not, we'll be thinking about you. Take care.

I would like to see it a little later. I do believe that it was held the last weekend in may for the last 2 years - a time that I cannot leave.

Well, reason I suggested that is...the following weekend I have already bought tickets for the Niagara Falls Comicon, so that weekend is out for me...unless we do it after that. I always liked the last weekend of May...the weather is not to hot yet. It can be uncomfortable for me to browse the out door antique displays when it gets too hot. I take meds that don't allow me to stay in the sun too long without complications. So that's why May works for me, and other if I remember right from last year's Botstock. That would make it the weekend of June 12th. Does that work?

See, I started talking about this because I thought we we're going to Chicago toy show which is in April...so I started bringing it up when I did. But if it's at Joe's, I guess any time would be good except for June 5th weekend. so I thought being in April, that was two months before the comicon and there would be no conflict. But I really want to attend Botstock this year, so if you guys don't mind working with and around me, I would appreciate it. It's become the highlight of my year to meet with you guys and talk robots without being ignored or told to shut up. Not from my wife...she supports me. But my daughter just isn't into all this. So it's great to meet with you all. So later is good except for the weekend of the 5th of June. After that it's golden.

I've got a similar situation Ken. Once I mention robots to someone I usually don't hear from them again for some time! :scratchhead::diggin: Except the family of course.

It's very doubtful Kelly and I will attend this year, she is in a program at school which is compacted and time off would be difficult to work around and we're planning a trip out east during summer to visit my 94 year old aunt who IS sharp as a tack and IS into robots, model kits and such. Top that off with a furnace that was red-tagged last fall, many windows to replace so the rain and snow would stay outside, a range that crapped out during the last Christmas dinner and a long story about a bionic leg for Farley the Poodle. We'll certainly miss the going's on especially at Joe's. :crying-and-sobbing: And for sure threre's not a whiole lot left over for the flea markets . :breakit: :frustrate:

We'll miss all the attendees for sure, we'll be there in spirit if we're unable to attend.

Thanks Ken! :wub: If we don't show we'll certainly miss you and Pam.

It's so much fun to gather with you and the others for great robot talk and visiting with Joe the most amazing host. Like visiting family but without the drama!! :rolling: