The Next Botstock

kennetzel

Is it too early to start talking the next Botstock. I remember last year at Zia Maria's everybody seemed to be in agreement that it be in Chicago this year. If that is the case, we have to plan early because the toy show is usually in April. Just thought I'd drop a hint.

post-125-0-01532300-1421218297_thumb.jpg

Judging by the response so far...one...there doesn't seem to be any enthusiasm for it this year, or am I posting this too early. All I know if it's in April, I have to start planning now...the wife has to get off work and all and the sooner the better. How about it guys...are we going to Chicago or what?

I would like to attend Botstock wherever the decision is made to hold the event. It would be my first and I'm really excited about meeting, from what I've heard, is a great bunch of people!

kennetzel is right though, now is the time to plan. As I too need to make arrangements at home and the calendar is filling up quickly!

Cheers

Well, should no other viable options arise, I 'm willing to throw my hat into the ring as co-conspirator again, if someone is willing to tag team with me, the armory will again be open for business, to include a new attraction soon to be unveiled! A whole new room of stuff...more to come.

Who normally puts together the Chicago Botstocks? I'd love to help any way I can, but being in Buffalo, NY, I don't know that much about Chicago. Only been there twice and just visited the Botstock agenda, so I don't know how much help I can be. But I will try to do what I can. Last time it was there I ran the poster contest.

Honestly Joe, I'd rather it be at the museum because it is so much closer to me...less travel. And I personally love your place. I just figured Chicago because I know what strain it can be on you to host us every year. But if you're up to it I would rather meet at the museum too. Not to mention we can do it a bit later than April. As long as it's not the weekend of June 5. I have tickets to the Niagara Falls Comicon that weekend. Not to mention, going to Chicago's Toy Show, I tend to spend too much money there...LOL.

If I were to pick a venue, I'd have Botstock at Joe's is always like visiting family but better! Thank you Joe for the personal tour last year. I realized how many old 'bots I wanted to get back and I DID re-add most of them to the shelves over the past year.

Base to hang out between vintage hunts and as with Ken, the Chicago Toy Show has too much stuff and everything that's collectible = too much to take in or take home, total overload for mortal beings. Like taking the brain boost in Forbidden Planet, that's how you feel after the Chicago show.

Well, I only mentioned Chicago because that was a discussion outside of Zia Maria's last year and most seemed to be in agreement, so I thought that was set in stone. But thank God it's not. If the museum is an option, I opt for that. It's like a yearly pilgrimage to the holy land going to Joes...LOL. THe atmosphere is great, as said, a place to hang between events, and I know I'll save a lot of money that way so what's left over can go to that Comicon I have tickets for. That's June 5, 6 and 7...so PLEASE, let's not schedule Botstock for that weekend. I want to hit both this year and I'd miss all you guys. The headliner for the comicon is Yvonne Craig and Richard Hatch along with a bunch of others. I've always wanted to meet Batgirl, and now I have my chance. That's why I bought the tickets to the comicon because we usually do Botstock from the middle to the end of May, so I figured there should be no conflict. I mean, we've done Memorial Day Weekend before...which it good because most of us will have Monday off, one less day to take a vacation day.

If Joe is willing to host again, then he has my vote. Alas, I shall be out of town over Memorial Day weekend, but will clear my schedule any other time.

Just another thought for a date for Botstock...the last weekend of May into June 1. It's after the holiday and before my Comicon. It being an off weekend, maybe more people can attend. What do you all think? If we go to the Museum that is...which I'm hoping for...LOL.

That weekend works for me because the week before Memorial day I have an audit at work and won't be able to make it till late in the weekend. Memorial is out due to Kanaan, which is fine because the audit stretches into that weekend. So the last weekend of May works well in my schedule. How about everybody else...opinions?

Archived