Flash Gordon Movie In The Works

Tinman

Bill, this has been in the works for a few years though not as long as the Buck Rogers project that has been kicked around for more than a decade. Today's films are considered (good)successful only if they make hundreds of millions of dollars. I personally like John Carter and though it was generally brutallized by critics who didn't even bother to understand the storyline from the time period it was written. The same happens with a large portion of scifi movies. Critics use the same criteria for judgment as non scifi. It really is a joke. Storyline is important but scifi films demand more action. That's what they are. The bottom line is that people override the idiots, and like the movies in a higher percentage than the critics. I also really liked Pacific Rim and I'm optimistic about Godzilla.

I agree with you on all Phil, I enjoyed John Carter and Pacific Rim...and was actually talking with co-workers this morning about Godzilla. I'm curious how they'll handle the Flash Gordon movie, will it have a retro 1920's/30's look or will they update it with modern hardware, etc.

Archived