Botstock XI: Official Information Thread

dratomic

Hello, hello! Get read, because it's time for Botstock XI! This year's gathering will take place Friday, May 30 to Sunday, June 1 at the Toy Robot Museum in Adamstown, PA. Once again, our gracious host is the museum's curator, Joe Knedlhans. (Can we get a round of applause for Joe?)

There's a lot more to the weekend, and this thread is where you'll find all the important details.

PLEASE try to not post anything in this thread -- I don't want information to become buried under an avalanche of comments. However, if it's something pertaining to the logistics of the get-together, then by all means post it here.

In the next few days I'll be outlining some special plans, as well as details about the three scheduled dinners -- including Saturday's annual Raffle Dinner! This thread is also where you'll find information on special block rates at the Official Botstock Inn, the Black Horse.

Eleven years... Hard to believe!

You can find the official POSTER CONTEST for this year's Botstock here:

You can find the official BOTSTOCK XI DISCUSSION THREAD here:

Where do we list who is coming and who they are bringing...this thread? If so, as usual, it will be me and my wife who will be attending this year.

I'd prefer to start an official attendance thread for that, Ken. Otherwise this info thread will quickly get buried under everyone's replies. It's important that the information in this thread remain easy to find for everyone.

I'm thrilled to announce a big event for Botstock XI!

Brady Chiefy -- Tinplate 6 -- has graciously invited all attendees to visit his amazing collection of vintage ray guns and assorted Japanese toys (and all sorts of other amazing things).

The field trip to Brady's will be on Saturday. Brady lives about 1.5 hours from Adamstown, so the plan is to leave the Blackhorse at about 10 or 11 for Brady's place, spend the day ogling his toys, and then leave in time to have the Botstock Raffle Dinner in Adamstown at about 6:30 or 7.

(All times are open to negotiation -- and people can certainly follow their own schedules as they see fit.)

Lunch will be served at Brady's, and I'm asking everyone to chip in a few bucks to help cover costs. Brady has volunteered the use of his grill -- but he claims to not be a particularly good Grill Master! So if someone would like to step up and handle burgers and hotdogs, that'd be appreciated. If not, perhaps we'll bring in some lunch meats or something and everyone can make sandwiches. (Again, this can be sorted out as we get closer to the event.)

I highly, highly recommend that everyone join in on the trip to Brady's. His collection is AMAZING, both in terms of content and the way he's displayed it. It's definitely going to be a fun time!

Thanks, Brady, for making the opportunity available to everyone. I'm personally really looking forward to checking out your stuff again!

DINNER PLANS

This year's Botstock dinners will follow last year's format -- it worked well, the food was good, and everyone had a fun time. Stick with what works!

THURSDAY NIGHT: Casual, unofficial dinner for early arrivals. 7 p.m. at the Black Horse restaurant (next to the Inn). If you're in town and want some food with other 'Dromers, this is where you'll find us. I'm not making reservations so it'll be catch-as-catch can.

FRIDAY NIGHT: Official Opening Dinner. 6:30 p.m. at the Black Horse restaurant. You'll be pre-ordering this meal, I'll post a menu shortly and ask you all to chime in with what you'd like. Don't worry about it for now. (Here's the menu/pre-order thread: )

SATURDAY NIGHT: Eleventh Annual Botstock Raffle Dinner. 6:00 p.m. at the Park Place Diner. We've got the downstairs room again, so bring the swag!

SUNDAY NIGHT: Closing Dinner. 5:30 at Zia Maria's. Late enough to get in some last-minute antiquing, early enough for people to get home at a reasonable hour.

BOTSTOCK HOTEL INFORMATION!

Once again we'll be staying at the Black Horse Lodge in Denver, PA. It's located mere minutes from the Toy Robot Museum, Morphy's Auction House, and some of the finest antique stores and malls in the area. The heart of the action... so to speak... :)

The Black Horse has set aside rooms for us, but I still REALLY recommend reserving your room sooner rather than later to make sure there aren't any problems. Morphy's was kind enough to let us use their special rate, so when you book, mention that you're with BOTSTOCK and that you should be getting the Morphy's rate. And man is it low!

Single Bed: $42 + tax/night

Two Beds: $60/night (I'm not sure if that includes tax... I actually think it does.)

Here's the address and phone number:

Black Horse Inn

2180 N. Reading Road

Denver, PA 17517

800-610-3805

or

717-336-7563

My wife already made the reservations over the weekend. SHe mentioned Botstock in the message block. So we booked before this call came out...but we should still qualify for the room rates, right? Even if we booked a bit early? THat is a darn good rate.

Never mind...I sent them an email telling them we are with the Botstock group and they readjusted our rates. Wow, what a difference. Thanks for setting that up. Gives me more money for Robots.

All done. Yes there will 2 'fine old Canadians' and a younger one attending the Blackhorse from later Thursday afternoon 'till Monday morning. Looking very much forward to it! :biggrin:

post-298-0-14955100-1395340342.jpg

Myself, Steve, and Karl will all be there Thursday afternoon onward. Pre-Botstock dinner! (To be figured out later on...)

Archived