1935 - Buck Rogers Caster Set by Rapaport Bros

ANZinSpace

Found this one in the December 1935 edition of Popular mechanics again on Google Books

At the very bottom of this ad it says:

"Please mention Popular Science Monthly when answering advertisements in this magazine."

This makes me think that this particular ad was published in Popular Science Monthly (today known as Popular Science), not Popular Mechanics.

A possible Goggle Books error? And, if so, I would then question the reliability of the December 1935 date, although it seems about right.

At the very bottom of this ad it says:

"Please mention Popular Science Monthly when answering advertisements in this magazine."

This makes me think that this particular ad was published in Popular Science Monthly (today known as Popular Science), not Popular Mechanics.

A possible Goggle Books error? And, if so, I would then question the reliability of the December 1935 date, although it seems about right.

Actually it's in both magazines dated December 1935. I had both up and must have copied it from the Popular Science issue but thought I'd got it from the Popular Mechanics issue. The ad's exactly the same in both except for that last line. Here's the link you can use to see the list and check out the magazines as well as smaller ads for the same set from the 1935 editions of Boy's Life -> Buck Rogers 1935

• 2 years later...

Here's the dated April 1935 cover of Toy World and Bicycle World magazine:

post-16-0-90579800-1386404803_thumb.jpg

advertising the Buck Rogers Caster Set by Junior Caster. Inside, there's this "teaser" ad for the Buck Rogers Disintegrator:

post-16-0-86412400-1386405134_thumb.jpg

and this ad for the Buck Rogers Rubber Stamp Sets:

post-16-0-46028800-1386405318_thumb.jpg

This "ad", for the 33 Repeater, moves the Timeline date back one year, from 1936 to 1935:

post-16-0-43550800-1386405486_thumb.jpg

Archived