Sel-Mac Robot from Barcelona

Brian..

Another recent pick up, Robot Ole mentioned this one before, so I thought I'd pull together the information on the Sel-Mac Robot from Barcelona. Small and perfectly formed. The little hard plastic robot has articulated limbs with plastic inserts for the belt and arm bands. There's a big clear plastic helmet with a metal antenna fixed in the back. It comes with a space rifle and a space pistol.

The robot has apparently been dated to 1958. It is considered to be the first Spanish robot and has been seen in boxed sets as well as in the little window box. The gold/yellow version is Spanish, as is the silver/red combination.

Geoffrey (see his blog in the links page, the picture is from there) has discovered a Portuguese version, a blue and gold combination.

I've also included a page from a reference book that shows the Vigia Del Espacio boxed set of six. If anyone has a spare set, I'm your man!

These are small robots, about the height of an Archer spaceman. I could easily have put them in the space figure section,

Mine's the silver gold version, Noel.

Archived