Alps Television Space Man V.3 help

bleep234

Hello,

I bought this Alps Television space man off ebay for around $250.00. I just received it in the Mail today, however upon trying to activate it only the lights turn on. I have tried gently shaking it to no avail.Any suggestions?

Reach up inside the robot from where the robots left leg goes in to the body with a small wire or screw driver to rotate the gear on the motor shaft when the power is turned ON. The robot spring back to life 99 times out of 100.

Since were on the subject... I have one that used to light up and even got it to work some, and then it just stopped working, the lights won't even come on now. Does that mean the motor has died?

Reach up inside the robot from where the robots left leg goes in to the body with a small wire or screw driver to rotate the gear on the motor shaft when the power is turned ON. The robot spring back to life 99 times out of 100.

Unfortunately that didn't work, however i have the feeling i pushed the wrong gear.

Unfortunately that didn't work, however i have the feeling i pushed the wrong gear.

Yep, wrong gear, workin' now. Thank you so much

Robotopia, The light is wired ON all the time that the robot is ON so no a motor going bad "gummed up or a bad brush" will not keep the light out. You are not getting the battery power to the robot, so normaly on the TV robot this is a problem with the Antenna switch in the head, and some times its a problem in the battery box conections.

Archived