BUCK ROGERS AND FLASH GORDON

Phil R

here are the painted lead cast figures from the molds of Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. These are all from my collection.

BUCK ROGERS:

Top Row: 3 Martian Stratosphere Patrol, Disintegrator, Venus Duo Destroyer, Martian Attack Ship

Middle Row: Buck Rocket, 3 Neptune Amphibian Squadron, Mekkano Man, One-eyed man, Tieko man

Front Row: Asterite, Black Barney, Dr. Huer, Wilma Deering, Buck Rogers, Killer Kane, Ardala, Tigerman, Depth Man of Neptune. The Ardala figure was made separately at a later time. The single Buck Rogers is an addition different pose that was offered. They range is size from 1-1/2" to 2-1/2" for the figures and 1-1/2" to 4-1/2" for the rockets.

The figures are not to scale as they appear in the comics.

FLASH GORDON:

Hawkman, Ming the Merciless, Prince Barin, Flash Gordon, Dale Arden, Dr. Zarkov

Figures vary from 2" to 2-1/2"

post-221-0-54226800-1329007505.jpg

DSCF0001_3145.JPG

DSCF0001_3152-001.JPG

post-221-0-09850600-1329007653.jpg

Phil, you know, I'm not usually a fan of "flats" :mellow: , but yours are very nicely painted, with clean lines and a lot of detail :huh: . They really look like pseudo 3D comic book illustrations, really nice. :)

Joe, I bought the figures at least 15 or 20 years ago from the Eccles Bros. in Iowa. They specialized in all kind of comic character flats. I also got the Britains set from them in that same time frame. Of course the flats were unpainted but the Britains set was painted and I added the graphic to the box.

brogers4 004-1.jpg

post-221-0-26843800-1329071711.jpg

Hey Phil,

I am usually not one for the small figures, but these are cool. With the bright colors and all. I really like the Solar Scouts box set.

I find it amazing that they sold not only lead toys but the kits to melt the lead and cast the toys. And yet the kids survived more often and longer than the toys did. Go figure.

JimK

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2012 at 7:48 PM, Phil R said:

here are the painted lead cast figures from the molds of Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. These are all from my collection.

BUCK ROGERS:

Top Row: 3 Martian Stratosphere Patrol, Disintegrator, Venus Duo Destroyer, Martian Attack Ship

Middle Row: Buck Rocket, 3 Neptune Amphibian Squadron, Mekkano Man, One-eyed man, Tieko man

Front Row: Asterite, Black Barney, Dr. Huer, Wilma Deering, Buck Rogers, Killer Kane, Ardala, Tigerman, Depth Man of Neptune. The Ardala figure was made separately at a later time. The single Buck Rogers is an addition different pose that was offered. They range is size from 1-1/2" to 2-1/2" for the figures and 1-1/2" to 4-1/2" for the rockets.

The figures are not to scale as they appear in the comics.

FLASH GORDON:

Hawkman, Ming the Merciless, Prince Barin, Flash Gordon, Dale Arden, Dr. Zarkov

Figures vary from 2" to 2-1/2"

post-221-0-54226800-1329007505.jpg

DSCF0001_3145.JPG

DSCF0001_3152-001.JPG

post-221-0-09850600-1329007653.jpg

What is the brand of the Flash Gordon set or how can I otherwise search for it on eBay? Amazing collection!!!

On 8/6/2019 at 1:53 AM, Brian.. said:

Please read Missing Images at the top of the page.  Report any threads to me. 

Okay, thanks!