Magic Robot Game

Nikola Tesla

Until half an hour ago I thought Jumbo is a german company, so I did in the last 40 years. :biggrin:

But it is an origin dutch toy producer, still in business, with a german branch.

By the elephant trademark we can date this game between 1956 and 1960.

Also it seems the change from the rivet robot to the archer type falls in this period.

Jumbo webside: http://www.jumbo.eu/en/about/history-logo/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian..

• robothut

• funkrobotik

• The Toyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Until half an hour ago I thought Jumbo is a german company, so I did in the last 40 years. :biggrin:

But it is an origin dutch toy producer, still in business, with a german branch.

By the elephant trademark we can date this game between 1956 and 1960.

Also it seems the change from the rivet robot to the archer type falls in this period.

Jumbo webside: http://www.jumbo.eu/...t/history-logo/

Thanks. I've adjusted the details in the light of this info.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this on ebay, no close up of the figure that gives the answeres but the seller calls it a robot. So maybe this should be moved to the thread that we started "some place" on the magic robot type magnetic games. The second game is like Wirey Dan the answer man.

2 pieces interesting toys...They are Turkish made toys...Too amazing and they belongs to very nice condition...This robot will know your all ask and you will like electronic game also...

post-7-0-47475300-1361945410_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-24889400-1361945420_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-28296600-1361956228_thumb.jpg

Great find, John! Konusan Robot means Talking Robot. Looking at clothing and hair style of the children I would date this game to the late 1960s or around 1970.

• 7 months later...
There's a version on that site that we don't have listed. It's the Diabolo Robot version by the Dutch company Jumbo. It has the cool broad shouldered robot.

• 2 years later...

It's getting hard to find new examples of the Magic Robot game, but here's one with a twist: the Gioco dei Quiz. The robot looks like a Co-Ma spaceman. I don't have a picture of the contents. (I'll add this to the Magic Robot games thread later)

magic-coma.thumb.jpg.cd403c6c8c573122ca9

• 3 months later...

Here's a slight box variation of the Italian Quiz: the Infallibile Automa. You can see the transparent Co-Ma related robot figure.

automa1.jpg

On 26/5/2016 at 10:16 PM, Brian.. said:

Here's a slight box variation of the Italian Quiz: the Infallibile Automa. You can see the transparent Co-Ma related robot figure.

This is truly interesting: it seems to me that the arms of the CoMa spacemen were bended & deformed  "post hoc" to use it in the game.

Or, less probable, here we have a new never seen before CoMa spaceman pose! :-)

• Brian.. changed the title to Magic Robot Games
  • 11 months later...

The Dalek Oracle holds my interest, .......but then again, I could be biased. 🐙

The Green Robot is an impressive color....I suppose Mars is associate with green.

yea, that kid looks like a young Glen Beck...Mr. Cheetos.

• 1 month later...