A Little Window To The Past

maimo65

This is my little window to the past.

I know this is a forum of Robot and space toys and my shelves are a little eclectic group of tin toys, but that was the way that I started to collecting toys, with tin cars and motorcycles (that I still love it to).

In my search for toys in a flea market in Mexico City I bought my first Planet Robot from Ha Ha Toys, I bought it only because I liked it a lot.

This toy made me to begin my interest in the tin toy robots and not only in toy cars.

I have been bought some vintage robots but also classic robot reproductions and new robots.

My vintage robots (except my Action Planet Robot ) not are in very good conditions, My Atomic Robot Man that I found in a flea market was in a bad shape, but since I saw it for first time I thought that is a good looking fellow, I didn´t know what was that toy, the name, the date of production, I didn´t know anything about it, simply I liked it a lot, but the man wanted a lot of money and I let it go.

I came to home with that toy inside my head, he was still looking at me with his hollow eyes.

I went directly to the internet to made the research to try to found some information about it. After a while I found him, I found that he was not only a good looking fellow, he was an important fellow too.

I took my bike and I ran to recover him. After a rude fight for the price, finally I bought it.

He made me to remembered my old space toys and thanks to him I found the Alphadrome forum, where I´ve learned a lot and I´ve realized how vast is the world of tin toy robots.

I hope you enjoy the pics and every advice for a rookie in this hobbie are very wellcome

estante1.jpgEstante2.jpg

post-1516-0-47002100-1308979620.jpg

post-1516-0-84674000-1308979629.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maimo65

• Roboto

• nasa

• Martian Gil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some marvellous pieces Maimo, i am also enjoying the cars and non space toys in your collection as well.

Thank you Kilroy, I´m glad that you enjoy it too

Great collection M65, I wish you luck in your search for more Tin Toys, you never Know what you may

Find at the flea Market, and thank you for the pictures.

Excellent looking collection. Love this Little Giant windup. :)

Thanks Roboto! its really funny this little guy

Great collection M65, I wish you luck in your search for more Tin Toys, you never Know what you may

Find at the flea Market, and thank you for the pictures.

Thank you, it is very cool spend some time seeking between the old stuff (in spanish we call it Mercado de Chacharas to the flea market)

• 2 months later...