1956 Patent For Robo Pup , Wyandotte Toys

robothut

post-7-1276802861.jpgpost-7-1276802810.jpgAnother Marvin Glass Classic. Patent applied for in 1956 and granted in 1959. Toy made by Wyandotte Toys, its ROBO PUP ! Its interesting that the add copy for this toy say the company is a All Metal Products company. I think this dog is about 95% plastic.

post-7-1276802810.jpg

post-7-1276802861.jpg

It's interesting that with all the opportunity you'd think this toy would have had for being a big deal - a major U.S. manufacturer and a big name designer, it still managed to pretty much vanish from the face of the Earth. I've seen two or three come up anywhere ever, verses how many thousands of the Japanese copies? I don't imagine Glass saw a dime on all those fellows. This is the first I ever heard he designed the plastic one. Is there any information on who designed Robert the Robot or Marx Electric robot?

Yes just like the rare Suzie Robette that Marvin Glass also designed you just never see them turn up! I would love to add the Robo pup and suzie robette to my collection but other than the ones in the Goodwin collection I have never seen them in person. As for Robert the Robot I have already posted that Patent and it says that Robert was designed by Sid Noble. I have been looking for the Electric Robot patent for a very long time time but have not located it yet. It maybe that the Marx Electric robot was not patented as there is no mention on the robot or the box of it being patented , patent pending or Patent Applied for.

here is the thread for Robert the Robot.

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.php?showtopic=10784

here is the Suzie Robette thread.

http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.php?showtopic=10787

Archived