Looking For Lindberg/glencoe Moon Ship

kennetzel

Hi Everybody. I am looking for this model. It is the original Lindberg U.S. Moon ship supposedly designed by Verner Von Braun. I had one ordered cheap, like fifteen dollars, but I got notice from the seller today that they are giving me a refund because the model was returned crushed. It was damaged in a shipment with a lot of other things. So much for the reliable post office. But I still want this. Last I heard they were to be reissued early this year, but no sign of them. If anyone has one they like to sell, CHEAP, or has more info on the reissue, please let me know... kennetzel@roadrunner.com Thanks.

post-125-1268905574.jpg

Thanks SarasotaRobby. I just put in my preorder. Problem is...they don't say when they expect it out. I am a spoiled brat at times...I WANT IT NOW... LOL.

Ken, SR beat me to it. I've been looking at kits to build after I assembled the recent saucer. Next I think I'll do the Area 51 and alien Alpha Centauri saucer. They're easy to do and I can customize the Centauri. I'd like to do the C-57D 28" Forbidden Planet but I'm concerned about my wife commenting, Where the h--l are you going to put it? She wouldn't say h--l but I added that for emphasis! :D

Waiting is tough. I've been waiting for the Buck Rogers Sundays comics from Amazon since September 2009. They've changed the date 3 times since then. I'm now up to May 2010 and expecting more delays. I'm not getting any younger. They're probably being printed in China. ;)

Well...I just heard from Cult TV Man...he says he has no idea as to when these will be in. He said they keep putting if off and off and he is not sure if it will ever be out. So though I pre ordered it, I am back at square one. I guess I am still looking for one. So the request still stands. Anyone out there knows where I can get one, please email me. Thanks.

Some cool rockets ! How big ?

I would say about ten inches high or so. This kit origially goes back to the late fifties. It is a fragile model even when built but actually a piece of history. It was common too. I thought for sure I would find one at auction. No luck.

I would say about ten inches high or so. This kit origially goes back to the late fifties. It is a fragile model even when built but actually a piece of history. It was common too. I thought for sure I would find one at auction. No luck.

I see these quite often on EBay, at least the re-issue from a few years ago. Try your searches with an e on the name - Glencoe and set it as a saved search.

I've gotten most of the Glencoe kits in the last few months. This one was the easiest to assemble and looks quite nice although the seams were a challenge to cover.

Daniel

Okay, we can put this to bed. First off, I didn't know it's name changed so much, so I started searching using all it's different names. I found it under the Lunar Lander name at an astronomy website some guy was selling it for. And only 20 dollars with shipping included. That's not bad...the preordered one at Cult TV Man was only just over a buck less expensive. With Cult saying even HE wasn't sure whey they would be released, I figured I would play it safe.

• 9 years later...

I have found the french version of the U.S. moon ship this morning at a market flea in my hometown. Those were premium for a washing powder brand named Sunil in the late 50's or early 60's. You could have it for free if you purchased 4 laundry detergent packs. My model is broken and some parts are missing but it's still looking good after a good toothbrush wash. The shining grey of the plastic is perfect I think. It didn't need to be painted.

IMG_3700.JPG.af0d0294cf6029c180f1a82f2e6a5f78.JPGIMG_3701.JPG.118e4d8f1799cf13a0da57d59db639cb.JPG

Here the model box as shown by this site http://hellerpassionmaquettes.blogspot.com/2009_12_26_archive.html

2073884052_fusesunil002.JPG.e84a804a5008bfe74be592494571e277.JPG932092478_fusesunil003.JPG.058538065de9e6f9148ae19509282b6d.JPG

6 hours ago, Tinplate6 said:

Neat craft....with the details on the back of the box, the missing pieces could be easily 3D printed.

It will surely be in my projects if someday I take time to learn about 3D printing.